In other words, make these, and make them often! Below the instructions, I have listed a few alternative ways that I have seen these prepared, so making them often becomes even more appealing.
Adapted from this recipe.
one 15 oz. can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
garlic salt & table salt to taste (a few shakes)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas. Spread them out on a paper towel to dry for a few minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the chickpeas with the olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and garlic salt (and a little regular salt if you are don't want them quite as garlicky).
- Stir together until all the oil has been absorbed.
- Spread the chickpea mixture on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until the chickpeas are brown and crispy (but not burnt!).
- If desired, keep in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. If you want to make it to this step, you probably need to double the recipe.
Other ideas for your chickpeas:
Cinnamon-sugar and vegetable oilIf none of these combinations make you happy, just google "roasted chickpeas:" there are a million ideas!
Simple seasoning salt and olive oil
Cumin, paprika, salt, pepper, and olive oil
Chili powder, salt, pepper, and olive oil